8/08/2014

Convention report: AnimagiC Friday

Hello, dear readers~

Today I want to report about the latest event I attended: The AnimagiC 2014! It was my fourth full year there and I enjoyed it quite much~ Let's take a closer look on what has happened ^___^

Around beginning of August every year it's AnimagiC-time, and this year the weekend really hit the first three days of the month. In the biggest heat of midsummer thousands of freaks dress up themselves in mostly different costumes, and I always wonder how the thick ones survive... It's lots of fun every year, or lots of stress and work, depending on how you see the point.
I started the convention days quite relaxed this year and haven't stressed myself too much: I dressed in my usual bat outfit I always wear on concerts; it was short and light enough for these deadly degrees up to 29°C x__x;
I arrived at 1pm and of course had to queue for the entrance; it's the same annoying procedure every year... It was around 2.10pm until I finally got into the area. At least the hall already had opened and I rowed myself in the quickly moving queue, and I also got inside faster than I had expected I would. But of course it quickly filled and became absolutely overcrowded, also as every year... I walked through the market hall and just took a quick look at all the stuff that was sold there, I knew most of the products already. But I have recognized they had rearranged some stalls: For example the Manga figures were changed with a stuffed toy stall, and there was a new stall of an Anime publisher I never have heard of before. Moreover I discovered a 3D printer where you could create yourself as a figure, but it's quite expensive with 199€ for a model of 15 centimeter size... I wonder whether somebody has used this occassion at all.
I haven't had too much time to creep through the hall before I had the first show I wanted to watch: At 3pm the showgroup "K!seki" performed a self-written comedy/action piece: "Pokémon - The APokélypse". I enjoyed sitting down in the first row of the balcony of the main concert hall from where I had a good view. I made lunch break in the meantime and ate my whole lunch packet - I was a bit worried I would get hungry again too fast, but at the end it was no problem at all. The amplifiers were too loud, but luckily I had my earwax with me and then the sound was okay - I already knew this problem because the acoustics in the hall isn't the best... I followed the piece for 50 minutes, but when I had eaten up everything and relaxed a bit I lost the interest and became a bit bored; it wasn't that exciting anymore... So I left and went shopping with more tranquility now. I found a funny purple bat plushie I had to buy for 19€, and I carried it around with me the whole day in front of me because it just fit very good to my outfit that day ^____^
Of course I also entered my favourite stall of NeoTokyo: They always have some interesting CDs and clothing, and last year I have spent more than 100€ there xD This year they had an awesome SEX POT ReVeNGe coat I instantly fell in love with, but it was a bit too expensive with 129€ because I wouldn't need it for a special reason... But I found a hilarious pink T-Shirt of "Nyanpire", and it didn't need long until I got captured by this trend and had to buy it xD it was absolutely worth its 25€ because it's made of high quality cotton and fit me very well~
And they had two copies of KAMIJO's "Moulin Rouge" - damned, but I already had offered my one at CDJapan before... Here it would have been cheaper. But at least I haven't had to pay additional fees and customs duty, so the prize was the same at the end.
Happy because of this second good offer I passed by another plushie stall, and they sold a strange stuffed toy that just looks like a white ball with a Japanese emoji face... It was so weird but kawaii the same time that I just had to buy it, too xD it only costed 5€ what is quite cheap for these conditions, and I'm really happy I've done so - I really have started to like this Kaomoji plushie very much by now ^__^
I was surprised that the cosplay stall haven't sold the normal catears this year... They only had plastic ones, but usually the fluffy ones are the money-spinners. I also wanted to buy a pair, but I didn't like the plastic ones and got rid off the idea. So I already was done with my intended shopping tour, and I withstood lots of other buying temptations!
Then I thought about what to do next until a concert from 6pm to 7pm, and I decided to go upstairs to Manga Hamburg. I like this Manga art school I already knew from the last two years, and also this time I sat down and just started sketching a bit... The results weren't that exciting, but one time I used their huge range of copic markers, that was awesome! I've inked one picture with 20 shades of grey~ (random with the title xD) At the end I literary spent over three hours there and forgot the time, so I missed the concert... And after that I was quite tired and the market hall already closed their gates, so I decided to go home because nothing interesting was on my program list for this day anymore.

The AnimagiC leaves you with an overload of impressions every year, especially at the first day. I must confess, I was too lazy to take photos - also because I haven't seen many awesome costumes and was a bit disappointed; all other years people have made more effort in dressing up. Moreover most cosplays are from series I'm not interested in, in general Naruto and One Piece, and I hardly found a really good dress at all that day. I think this year less visitors attended the convention at all, maybe because of holiday time or the high degrees (although I think last year was even hotter...) So I wasn't completely disappointed, but also not highly excited, it was average. But it was the right decision not to overdress because I wouldn't have been in the mood for photos... and it worked, literary nobody asked me for a photo, phew! ^-^
That was how the AnimagiC Friday turned out - and I was even more curious how the Saturday would be!~

The next report will follow soon, see you there!~
Junsui

No comments:

Post a Comment